Jan 28, 2021
BUS 120 - Organizational Behavior
Explores the dynamics of human resources in a business organization. Students develop a positive attitude toward the human element in business. Specific topics include motivation, leadership, group dynamics, organization theory, participatory management, and communication.
- Examine oneself—behavioral characteristics, beliefs, stereotypes, biases, background—for self-awareness and identify their impact on others in the workplace.
- Analyze effective inter-cultural communication and relationship building in organizations.
- Evaluate basic forms of motivation.
- Analyze leadership and power, power tactics, bases of power, causes and consequences of political behavior, impression management, negotiating power and politics.
- Contrast known stages for how groups develop.
- Classify functional and dysfunctional roles in groups.
- Identify functions of leadership and management.
- Distinguish characteristics of effective leaders.
- Summarize organizational culture and why it has relevance.
- Describe how cultural diversity contributes to the competitive advantage of an organization.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)