Feb 29, 2024
BUS 221 - Human Resource Management
Introduces the functional areas of human resource management and laws. Students discuss job analysis, recruitment, testing, interviewing, se<$! >lection, placement, training, wage and salary administration, performance, evaluation and labor management.
- Demonstrate understanding of the changing roles and practices of human resource management by distinguishing the evolving eras of scientific management, human relations, the traditional human resource/personnel approaches and the organizational systems approach.
- Analyze the changing demographic make-up of the modern organizational workforce and demonstrate understanding how these changes affect the management of human resources in today’s organizations.
- Define the critical problems and issues facing the management of personnel in today’s global business environment.
- Demonstrate comprehension of how national cultural differences affect management of personnel and definitive personnel actions.
- Identify, define, and analyze the forces that make up the human resource management external environment and apply understanding of this environment to the affect it has on managing of human resources and the organizational approaches to productivity and employee QWL.
- Apply the legal environment components of HRM and demonstrate comprehension of the affect it has on personnel actions related to recruitment, hiring, selection, safety/health, training and development, discipline and terminations.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the affect changes in society and organizations have had in reshaping the role of human resource management.
- Analyze and apply the impact of organizational analysis and identification of core critical job duties on organizational outsourcing, downsizing, and the increased use of the contingent workforce and the relationship to the changing role of human resource management.
- Demonstrate comprehension of how personnel law and regulations, labor unions, market conditions, societal values and attitudes, technological advance influence and shape human resource management roles and practices and the affects on the management of employees.
- Define current technological applications of computers in human resource management and administration.
- Demonstrate comprehension of job design, job reengineering and job enrichment programs and the effect on employee motivation approaches linked to organizational effectives and success.
- Demonstrate understanding of the affects of team/group approaches contrasted with the traditional specialization of tasks and job duties and employee performance with the management of employees.
- Define and analyze the development eras of employee motivation management and leadership theories and approaches and demonstrate understanding of the affect on the changing manager’s role and management of organizational change linked to increased organizational effectiveness, performance, productivity, and application of continuous learning environments and organizational systems management.
- Demonstrate comprehension in the application of effective research approaches, incorporating defined HR reference resources, to research personnel/HR related issues.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)