AHEA 106 - Medical Computer Systems
Medical computer applications familiarizes students with electronic health record and financial record software used in the medical office and/or hospital settings.
Prerequisite(s): Placement by assessment into ENGL 101 , or completion of ENGL 92 or ENGL 93 with a C or better. Completion of AHE 100 and AHE 110 with a C or better at BC; or permission of the Program Chair.
- Demonstrate competency in medical computer programs(Practice Management as well as Electronic Medical Record software)
- Explain legal and ethical issues related to medical computer applications
- Execute data management using electronic healthcare records such as the EMR.
- Use office hardware and software to maintain office systems.
- Utilize computerized office billing systems.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)