AHEE 120 - Emergency Department Skills
First course of a series of corequisite courses that addresses general patient assessment skills required of Emergency Department Technicians.
Prerequisite(s): Placement by assessment into ENGL 101 , or completion of ENGL 92 or ENGL 93 with a C or better; and successful completion of AHEL 110 and AHEP 100 with a C or better at BC, or permission of Program Chair.
- Employ appropriate triage for patients in an Urgent Care or Emergency Department environment
- Perform appropriate patient assessment skills for the technician qualified level
- Differentiate appropriate assessment of various vital signs
- Use appropriate documentation for an Urgent Care or Emergency Department environment
- Demonstrate appropriate patient transport and transfer techniques
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)