Dec 07, 2023
HCML 460 - Management & Leadership in Healthcare
Previously RAIM 460.
Prepares students for leadership roles in healthcare. Topics include relations with diverse and/or remotely located staff, global and virtual employees, communication skills for managers, time management, motivating employees, and conflict resolution. Case studies are used to bring a contextual focus on specific departments and organizations in a global healthcare industry.
Prerequisite(s): Acceptance to the program or permission of instructor.
- Evaluate diverse leadership styles including a self-assessment, and how they impact the team, conflict management, and organization performance and morale
- Identify and develop strategies to assess inter-personal and team skills, cultural competency
- Examine the qualities and skills of effective project and department managers in healthcare organizations and a diverse client base
- Present and compare diverse leadership and motivation theories and practices, and analyze their respective effectiveness in the context of healthcare organizations and a diverse client base
- Develop effective, diverse management strategies that promote communication, minimize stress, and increase productivity, and analyze their effectiveness in the context of healthcare organizations and a diverse client base
- Examine and practice decision-making processes and techniques that facilitate effective and efficient change management for a diverse client base
- Develop and plan scenarios to prepare and lead effective training sessions
- Examine organizational leadership in managing continuous change in the context of healthcare organizations and a diverse client base
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)