ACCT 205 - Practical Accounting Data Analytics
This course introduces how data analytics is used to answer accounting questions and ways to do so in an accounting environment. The course will focus on learning how to use data analytics to ask and answer accounting questions; understanding introductory concepts of accounting data; identifying data types and how they are used; preparing data for analysis, and types of data analytics.
- Define the characteristics of an analytical and data-driven mindset.
- Recognize how to establish the objectives and desired outcomes of a data analytics project for a business or client.
- Recognize ways data is described and interpreted.
- Describe the types and categories of data.
- Recognize how data science and data analytics are connected.
- Recognize characteristics of the technology and data ecosystem for data analytics.
- Identify why data analytics is used in the context of revenue analysis.
- Identify why data analytics is used in the context of financial planning and analysis.
- Identify why data analytics is used in the context of business analysis.
Find out when this course is offered
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)