Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.) in Computer Science from Bellevue College meets the critical and pervasive demand for rigorously trained computer science professionals. Seeking accreditation from the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), this degree program will prepare graduates to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the design of computer and software based systems of varying complexity.
Upon graduation, program students should be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge of mathematics to develop and analyze computing systems.
- Demonstrate the conceptual knowledge to identify and analyze a problem, and then define the computing requirements to creatively solve it.
- Demonstrate the ability to design, implement, evaluate, trouble-shoot and test a computer-based system process, component, or program to meet desired results.
- Demonstrate the ability to use current techniques, skills and tools for computing practice.
- Demonstrate success skills, including teamwork, leadership, communication, critical thinking, creative problem-solving, personal responsibility and management skills.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the impact of computers in society as well as an understanding of the key ethical issues shaping the practice of Computer Science.
Must be qualified to enroll in the following courses:
Completion of all required courses as shown in the worksheet.
In addition to eligibility requirements, students must also achieve the following:
- Complete 180 credits with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA and minimum GPA of 2.0 for each individual core course (including transferred credits) in all mandatory program courses.
- At least 45 quarter credits for the degree must be completed in residence at Bellevue College, of which 30 credits must be upper division.
- Courses may be subject to minimum grade requirements and prerequisites. Check online at www.bellevuecollege.edu/classes/all/.
College Acdemic Distribution Requirements (CADR)
Freshmen and transfer applicants must complete a minimum level of preparation prior to applying for admissions into Computer Science. Completion in six subject areas: English, Mathematics, Social Sciences/Social Studies, World Languages, Lab Science, Senior Year Math-Based Quantitative, and Arts. These minimum academic subject areas are set by the Washington Student Achievement Council. Most applicants have completed these requirements in high school, or through college course work.
SAT or ACT scores are required only for applicants with fewer than 40 transferrable college credits.
English Language Proficiency
All international applicants must submit proof of English language proficiency as defined by the Office of International Education and Global Initiatives by the application deadline. See www.bellevuecollege.edu/oiegi for details.
To be considered for the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science program, prospective students must submit the following:
- Completed general Bellevue College admission form
- Nonrefundable general admission fee of $34
- Completed Bachelor of Science in Computer Sciences application form
- Nonrefundable application fee of $75
- Official transcripts from all college(s) attended and high school transcript
- SAT/ACT scores for first year admissions