The Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Healthcare Management and Leadership, concentration in Radiation and Imaging Management, is a career-oriented degree program developed specifically to meet the career advancement needs of radiation and imaging professionals to successfully compete for jobs that require knowledge of the healthcare system and supervisory or management skills.
The first 90 credits of the degree are fulfilled by entrance prerequisites. The second half of the degree program offers a professionally relevant curriculum that helps students schieve their goal.
Degree recipients should possess the following skills and abilities:
- Apply core competencies learned to function as a successful professional in the field of radiation and imaging sciences
- Demonstrate an understanding of leadership, ethical and economic issues as they pertain to the radiation and imaging sciences
- Complete a capstone project the demonstrates the breadth and depth of the educational preparation
- Demonstrate a commitment to continued competency through life- long learning
Individuals must have:
- National certification in radiologic technology, diagnostic ultrasound, radiation therapy or nuclear medicine technology, to be eligible for the BAS degree
- Demonstrated completion from a regionally accredited college of the following courses, or their equivalent, with a grade point average of 2.0 or better:
- Co-requisite requirement: must be completed no later than the first two quarters of acceptance
- Introduction to Business course
- Humanities course from AAS-DTA transfer list
- Social sciences course from AAS-DTA transfer list
- Either Humanities or Social Science must be a communication course
A complete description of the required curriculum is shown in the worksheet.
In addition to eligibility requirements, students must achieve the following:
- Completion of 90 quarter credits in the general program and concentration requirements, with a grade of “C”, or better
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 for all coursework taken at BC and the courses applied to the degree, including credits transferred from other colleges
- At least 45 quarter credits for the degree must be completed in residence at BC, of which 30 credits must be upper division
To be considered for the Bachelor of Applied Science in Healthcare Management and Leadership program, with a concentration in Radiation and Imaging Sciences, prospective students must submit the following: